zaterdag 18 oktober 2008

I've been tagged!

Someone thought about me, and I got tagged! Thanks Deena, that's so kind!

As I've been tagged, I now have to share 7 facts (simple or weird) about myself.
So here I go:
1. I always write with black ink. When I have to sign something important I refuse to sign it with a blue pen. I don't know where this comes from, but for the last 20 years or so, I always carry some black pens with me!
2. I'm proud that my last name is only carried by 2 people in Belgium, my father and me! It's Hungarian, as my dad!
My mother and me always tease him with the fact that there could be more unofficially, if he has been fooling around a bit, lol.
3. I've been buying stamps for about 12 years now, but only started using them about a year and a half ago! I'm much better at collecting than at stamping I guess!
4. I'm terrified by spiders (especially the big, black, hairy ones, uhhh), although they do fascinate me (as long as they don't move).
5. I love to read; especially murder mysteries and detectives. I'm also fascinated by the 'other world': witches, ghosts, etc. I love to see movies and read books about magic. (I admit that I adore Harry Potter). I dream of going to New Orleans once, because they say it's the capital of voodoo. And because of the jazz and cajun food to of course! And I love Halloween, guess I was born in the wrong country!
6. I love to live (it starts to show a bit, lol) and hope I have some lives left: with all I'm still planning to do, I would have to be around for a couple of hundred years or more, lol.
I believe life is great and that the world could be an even much better place if everybody would enjoy life; if people got less egocentric and would be happy with what they have instead of complaining about what they haven't got, and if people would start 'sharing' more. I'm convinced that whenever you 'give', you'll get paid back twice one way or another(and I'm not talking about money now!)! Guess that's why I ended up in social work, lol!
7. I love internet and I love blogs! It's a great way to meet new fascinating people and to share all the beautiful things on this planet and to enjoy other people's creativity!
I always try to leave as many kind comments on other people's blogs as I can, although it takes a lot of time. I'm always a bit sad when I don't get as many visitors back, but... those who do visit my blog and leave all those kind comments make me real happy! Thanks for making my day!

I enjoyed playing this 'tagging game'. But no game without rules of course!
The rules are:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


I tag the following 7 wonderful and creative people:
Raisa, Carolyn, Diane, Ineke, Ann, Mary, Carolann.
Hope they play along, but if they don't... well it's a game and sometimes rules need to be broken, lol!
To everyone who's not in the list above, but visits my blog, feel free to play along!

Have a great day!
Els
x

7 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

How fun reading all your facts; wierd (black pen thing);) just teasing, and not wierd, 'cause I love reading mysteries too! :) Do you have some favourite authors to share? I really enjoy P.D James, among many others! Thanks for playing along Els!
smiles,Deena

eviledna zei

Hellooooo Els,
THANK YOU for tagging me.That was great :) Very strange you and I have quite a bit in common, must be that we were both born in the year of the Dragon. As for the pen thing it's not weird it's etiquette (Ithink I spelt that right). When I was at school we were taught to always write official letters in black ink and NEVER write a letter in red ink as it is considered very rude! So there you have it a bit of useless information. But you never know it come in handy one day :) Anyway thanks again for the tag, I seem to be getting at lot more Europeans visiting now, WOO HOO!
See you soon in blogland.
Take care & keep smiling
Ann

Anoniem zei

Hi Els! Thanks for the tag...I've really got to sit down and work on that one. It seems my whole life is CARDZ!! LOL I enjoyed getting to know you a little better...I sooo agree with your comments on people!! Great job. I'll let you know when I post my 7 items. Thanks again. :)

Diane.W. zei

Hi Els! Thanx for the tag.
There is an award on my blog for you :o)x

Raisa zei

Hello Els! You took me with surprise :) I had to think about this over the night, but now I've done it. This WAS really nice, so thank You

carolann zei

Thankyou for tagging me I am just catching up have been at a funeral then will get my blog updated hun xxxxxxx

Carolyn Bounds zei

Wow, Els!!! We have so much incommon!!! Even the pen thing. Personally, I think black ink looks clean, crisp, andmore professional. I also loathe spiders...even the ones that sre sitting very still...YICK! About the only thing I cannot relate with is #2...my maiden name is Smith. As for #3...I just started stamping the first of this year, but can I come over and play?:o) I bet your stamp area is like Disney World...Fun! Fun! Fun!!!

Thanks so much for tagging me!!! You always have a way of making me feel special. By the way, I left you a little something on my blog. When you have the time, stop in and check it out:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn